This is the big one.
The Wolf and the Tree are releasing a new rashguard: Abby's Daybreak Rashguard. This is the complement to George and Ginger's Daybreak Rash Guard, to complete the Mommy & Me look!
The Rashguard features several sleeve lengths: sleeveless, short sleeves, medium sleeves + long sleeves, as well as 3 different lengths - bikini, crop top and full length!
Another awesome thing about it? It can be made for everyday wear using regular knit! <3 That means, this pattern can carry you through the whole year!
Next up, the free pattern! I first drafted this pattern in 2014. It has been on my 'want to release' list ever since then and went through a few re-drafts with new elements, inspired by Pinterest gorgeousness. I am so in love, and my girl (who is incredibly picky and any sewn creation is a gamble for final approval by her) walked in slow motion towards the top, gasped and gently touched the garment. Biggest smile. And immediate request to wear it. Win.
- Sleeveless and Short Sleeves
- Pleated front skirt (with easy to follow 'Pleat Stairs')
- Wide Neckband that meets in the middle
- Upward dipping bodice
- Hi-Low Front/Back Seam
- Optional Faux Camisole
- Sizes 2T - 10
Here are some more ideas on how to quickly change up the pattern:
- Use the sleeves from Abby's Road Trip Tunic to create a year-round garment with sleeve length from sleeveless to long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, short sleeve and medium sleeves!
- Gather the skirt rather than pleating it!
- Make the Neckband 4 times (or more) longer, finish all edges of it before attaching it and use it as a front tie!
- Add a bow or a button in the front! (Think oversized bow <3)
- Add length to it and quickly turn it into a dress!
- Add a little bit of (carefully calculated) length to skirt top and the bodice bottom and hide the chest seam on the inside with a French Seam or Flat Felled Seam!
I hope you enjoy the pattern as much as I do! And keep in mind, pleats sometimes like to shift - a little glue and/or careful pinning might help you out with it!
There is also a big giveaway! This must be the biggest one we have ever had!
The prices are somewhere around 60 patterns and $400 in fabric! Oh yeah! This is serious awesomeness!
There will be 3 winners. Go for it!
Here are the prizes:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Have fun shopping, sewing, and getting free stuff! <3